The LRGVDC is a voluntary association of local governments formed under Texas Law in 1967 as one of Texas' 24 regional Council of Governments (COG's) serving Cameron, Hidalgo and Willacy County.
The LRGVDC promotes and encourages cooperation among local units of government in order to improve the region's health, safety, and general welfare and to plan for future development.
- Economies of scale
- Region-wide, equitable advocacy and representation
- Promote efficient and effective local government
- Linkage between federal, state and local programs
In an effort to assess current services and to provide for the continuance of progressive programs the LRGVDC Membership evaluates and adopts the Council's Annual Work Program (AWP).
Click here to view the 2017 Annual Work Program & Budget.
2017-2022 Lower Rio Grande Regional Strategic Plan
Designated by the State of Texas as a regional planning organization, LRGVDC facilitates, plans and prepares a five-year comprehensive "Regional Strategic Plan" updated every two years to coincide with Texas Legislative Session.
The regional strategic plan serves as the collective, comprehensive guide that highlights the vision and goals of the three-county region
- Plan development utilizes region-wide involvement including subject matter expert contributions, advisory and workgroup committee feedback and public community stakeholder input
- Goals are region-wide; no single entity or organization is responsible for implementing noted strategies
- Plan should serve as the initial guide for further development and implementation.
To view the 2017-2022 FINAL Regional Strategic Plan (Executive Summary), click here
For LRGVDC comments, concerns, feedback or additional program information please contact: Mr. Ron Garza, Executive Director (email@example.com)
All invoices for maintenance, equipment, and services must be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address: LRGVDC, 301 W. Railroad, Weslaco TX 78596.