Disaster Recovery Funding
Effective July 01, 2011, the CDBG Disaster Recovery Program has transferred to the Texas General Land Office (GLO) from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and the Texas Department of Rural Affairs (TDRA).
In 2008, the Lower Rio Grande Valley Development Council (LRGVDC) was given the responsibility of developing the Region's Method of Distribution (MOD) for Disaster Recovery Round One Funding ($55,000,000.). For second allocation (Round Two), the maximum amount of funds that was to be allocated through this partial MOD (Phase 1 Partial MOD) was capped at 33 percent of the total Round 2 allocation not to exceed $185,515,915. The resulting amounts available for this partial MOD are shown below:
|Total Allocation||Amount Eligible for Award Under Partial MOD Phase I||Remainder for Consideration in Full MOD subject to new A.I. Phase II|
Round 2.2 Funding NEW
DRAFT Method of Distribution (MOD)
- LRGVDC FHAST Form Approval Letter
- LRGVDC FHAST Form
- LRGVDC FHAST Form - Español
- FHAST Form Workgroup
Round 2.1 Funding
- Round 2.1 Nonhousing Awards
- Revised Phase 1/Partial MOD for Round 2 Disaster Funding
- Map of Proposed Regional Drainage Projects
- February 25, 2011 TDRA Disaster Recovery Program Transition Letter
- March 01, 2011 TDRA Disaster Recovery New Program Information for Grantees and Services Providers
Round 1 Funding
- Round 1 Nonhousing Awards
- Grant Awards and Reports
- Texas Action Plan as approved by HUD (March 04, 2009)
- LRGVDC Action Plan (March 30, 2009 - 1st Round)
- Appendix B Worksheet
- Distribution Graphic Representation Chart
- MOD Approval Letter
- MOD Detail Worksheet
Housing Disaster Recovery Funding
The United States Department and Urban Development (HUD) and its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program allocated $122,034,387.00 to LRGVDC for Round 2 Hurricane Dolly Disaster Recovery expenses related to housing. Below is a break down on housing funds allocated to each program.
|Eligible Program||Available Percentage||Funding Allocations|
LRGVDC has submitted the Housing Application to General Land Office (GLO) and is awaiting approval from the State. Click here to download application.
Upon approval Housing Guidelines will be adopted to match our local need which provide direction for all housing programs. LRGVDC has also completed the Needs Assessment for the region and has submitted to GLO.